Sunday, May 13, 2007

Weekend movies

After a long break, we caught up on some movies over the weekend.

First, we saw Just Married, which is a supposed romantic comedy about 4-5 honeymoon couples in Ooty. There was hardly anything of note in the movie and the only thing of interest to me was how Easha Deol gets to act in movies. She is too plain looking, can’t act to save her life. Movie Rating: C-

Next up on Saturday was Spiderman 3. I had read a lot of reviews about how bad this was. I think that they got their inspiration from bollywood and tried to pack in everything, action, romance, heartbreak, many holes in the plot etc. The overall effect was disappointing, but then I don’t think they had a choice. They’re already on the third movie and they had to do something different. Hopefully, there is no Spiderman 4 for some time atleast. Rating: B-

On Sunday, we finally got around to seeing The Devil Wears Prada (I’d bought the DVD at National Market almost 3 months back). I remember people raving about Meryl Streep’s performance, but I don’t really understand why. The movie plot was so predictable, we could see where it was going 5 minutes into the movie. The only thing that held my interest was the absolutely fantastic print. The overhead shots of New York looked absolutely stunning on my LCD TV. Despite that, it was very disappointing. Rating C

No comments: