Saturday, December 1, 2007

A wonderful weekend

So far, it has been a weekend to remember. It all started on Friday. Nisha's school has a competition (sort of), where the kid with the highest number of stars gets to take home a toy monkey (named George). She's come close many times, but last weekend was the first time that she brought it home. The joy on her face as she announced it to us will remain forever in our memory.

On Saturday, I woke up to read that the Bangalore marathon has been scheduled for the 16th of December. This was one of my resolutions earlier in the year, to run the half-marathon. I started the training with a 10K run, which I managed in around 72 minutes. I was half-dead at the end of it. At this point, I'm sure I will not be able to "run" the full distance, but I feel confident that I will be able to run-walk the complete distance. I'm aiming for a time of 3 hours.


Later, we went to an old friend/colleague's kid's first birthday. I got to meet all my old friends from Infosys. In the evening, we went to Capgemini's annual event, Jashn 2007. They definitely know how to throw a party, it was held at Bangalore Palace, with amazing food and drinks. There was a dance show by the employees, which was so well done that we actually thought they were professional dancers. We had a couple of professional performers as well, one good (Mahalakshmi Iyer) and one bad (Neha Bhasin from Viva, someone needs to ban North Indians singing in Tamil).

All in all, a weekend to remember.

No comments: