Friday, February 22, 2008

F1 2008 coming soon

The 2008 F1 season starts in less than 3 weeks. From the winter testing, it seems like it will be another Ferrari-Mclaren battle. In my view, Ferrari have the edge and when they feel the need to push, they are able to comfortably pull ahead of the rest.

Of the rest, Williams and Redbull have been impressive, whereas BMW have not really made the step up from last year. It should be interesting to see what Fernando can do in the Renault, though it seems out of the running for podiums.

There's not much to be said about Toyota or Honda, they're going to be hardpressed to get into the Top 10. Force India will be eagerly watched in India at least, but I'm not expecting any miracles from them. As for Super Aguri, it is still debatable whether they will actually last the season, as they are facing a severe financial crunch.

I'd briefly considered going to Singapore for the first ever night race. But I doubt it will happen, firstly with the race tickets costing 15K and add in airfare etc, there's no way I can justify spending 30-35K on this. Secondly, it's too close to the big vacation we're planning from Oct 2. So, I guess it's the TV for me and I'll wait for the Delhi grand prix in 2010!

No comments: