Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Trek has landed


I took delivery of my bike yesterday. Here’s a photo of me taking delivery of the bike.

I rode it back from Jayanagar and covered the distance of around 10.5 km in around 30 minutes. I had to go cycling this morning and went for a ride on the IRR, rode till the Airport road flyover and back, which is a distance of around 16 km. I covered that in around 53 minutes. So, an average speed of around 20 kmph, I’m quite happy with that, considering that I didn’t really stretch myself too much. I plan to maintain a moderate level of exercise for the first couple of weeks and get my body used to cycling, before I think about anything more extreme. Definitely, rides like this one are out of the question for now.


The one thing that I realized very soon is just how vulnerable a cyclist is on Bangalore roads. Some of the rules that I follow on my motorcycle that I intend to follow while riding my cycle as well

- Stick to the left of the road.
-
While changing lanes, look back and ensure that there is no vehicle charging at you. Resist the temptation to squeeze through a gap, especially when there’s a bus or lorry involved
- If you’re stuck behind a stationary vehicle, just take a deep breath and relax. Don’t join the mad rush of vehicles that try to overtake and block the other lanes
- If ever you get into a confrontational situation with a four wheeler, back off. You’ve got much more to lose.
- In a traffic jam, disregard all of the above. As a two-wheeled rider, you are kingJ

3 comments:

Sanjeev Kumar said...

Good luck, my friend! You look very proud of your bike. Wishing you many many miles of happy riding!

Srivatsa said...

you have slimmed down :-)

Nashwa Mostafa said...


شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة رخيصة ومجربة

شركة رش حشرات وابادة حشرات ورش مبيدات بالمدينه المنوره

اضمن شركات رش المبيدات بالمدينة المنورة

النسر الذهبي لمكافحة الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مع الضمان
هى شركه لها تاريخ هائل فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة لها القدرة على مكافحة الصراصير بالمدينة المنورة
بخزانات مياهافضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة مواد تعقيم و مطهرات خاصة
غسيل كنب تنظيف كنب بالمدينة المنورة مع التعقيم