Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cycling to work

One of my (unstated) objectives when I started cycling was to cycle to work on a regular basis. Though it has been close to 3 months since I started cycling, I was still sticking to my motorcycle for going to work. It was a number of small issues that were preventing me from starting off

- My laptop and all accessories weigh a lot
- We don't have a proper cycle parking facility in the office
- No shower or cleaning facilities in the office

I finally decided that none of these were particularly big issues and began cycling to work last week. As for the issues, the solution wasn't too difficult

- I lock the laptop in my drawer and only take it home on the weekends
- I still don't have a solution for security, but I atleast substituted my heavy metal chain for a metal rope solution that I picked up from KR Market last weekend

I did it on 3 days last week and 2 days this week. I hope to continue on for atleast a couple of days each week, atleast till the rains start or I get proper fenders.

1 comment:

jan said...

افضل شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض شركة تسليك مجاري بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض