Thursday, May 29, 2008

Flew to Mumbai

I flew to Mumbai for a day yesterday for a training program. This gave me my first experience flying from the new Bangalore airport. It was not pleasant, got up at 3:30, called a cab at 4:30 and reached the airport at 5:45. All this for a 6:50 am flight.

The return flight was almost 45 minutes late and finally took off at 9:30 pm. We landed at Bangalore around 11:00 pm only to be greeted with a comical situation when the plane reached the aerobridge. Apparently the airport staff was unable to find the keys to attach the aerobridge. This caused a 10 minute delay and we finally set off at 11:15. By the time I reached home, after dropping my colleague off, it was 12:45 am.

The real shock will be the taxi fare. They charge 15 Rs/km and 50% more if it is between 9 pm and 6 am. The total bill for both journeys was around 2400 rupees!!! This is going to drive people flying on their own expense crazy.

No comments: