Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Long day yesterday

I flew to Delhi for a day trip yesterday for a meeting with a prospective client. For that, I woke up at 4:00 am. I'd planned to take the bus from Hebbal but once I reached there, decided to ride all the way to the airport. Just as I reached the airport, the Activa started giving some problems. I hoped that it was just overheating and would sort itself out later and boarded the flight. Incidentally, I had no complaints about the flying experience from the airport.

The meeting in Delhi went really well. I was done by 2:00 pm and had 5 hours to kill. The meeting was at Pitampura right next to the Metro station. I had heard a lot about it and decided to check it out. I went to Palika Bazaar, which was very impressive in its day, but has now become a seedy place full of shops peddling pirated DVDs and smuggled electronics. Rather than take a taxi from CP, I took the Blue line to Dwarka and took an auto to the airport. Overall, I was very impressed by the Metro, it is
clean, cheap, fast and comfortable. If our Namma Metro is anything like it, it will revolutionize Bangalore like nothing else.

Our plane was late and landed close to 11:00 pm. As I had feared the scooter's problems were bad. The clutch was slipping and the engine was cutting off as soon as I went past 50 kmph. As a result, the trip back home took a long time and I finally reached home at 12:30 am, making for a very long day.

No comments: